Monday, August 24, 2026

Belly Ventures ✨


Dear Reader, 



Two years ago I wouldn’t have expected to be living in Mauritius last year, my image being used on socials to promote belly dancing on the island…

Then this time last year I was, as my Gili Air comrades would say, « watching a banana dance like Michael Jackson » 🍌

I was galavanting down the streets of Paris, trying to find an alternative fromagerie, as my favourite place was closed for the holidays πŸ§€



I was making new memories with old friends and reminiscing fond moments with new friends πŸ’ž



I was catching up with as many members of my Europe Crew as possible. 




And finally, having been left behind on two previous occasions, I made it to Venice. The place everyone says is too packed and overly touristy. Well, I just went ahead and loved it anyway 🎭

It really is hard to imagine that has been a whole year ago. And on the other hand, quite a bit has happened this year indeed…

From advertising belly dancing πŸ’ƒ to baby wearing πŸ₯ 



So my career may be suffering with my extended break.

Perhaps my role is elsewhere… after all, a remote job is best enjoyed when one fully adopts the digital nomadic lifestyle… though expat is an acceptable second… then again balancing family life is a pretty great perk for some people too…

As we have concluded in my recent ramblings, Dear Reader, we just don’t really know where the heck we are going to be a year from now.


Ecstatic Dances with my People πŸͺ„Out of Nowhere


So as I rapidly approach Jesus’s age, I wonder whimsically where I will be this time next year. 

I hope to travel again 🌏

Belly dance πŸ’ƒ

Hike πŸ”️

All I know is that it will never be like RΓ©union again… at least, not for a long while. Solitude is something I will always treasure. But the extrovert shall be nurtured for many years to come.



I am happy to have finally been swimming again, albeit briefly, this time at my neighbour’s villa, where there is a glorious pool.

And each time I walk by the ocean, I find things to appreciate…

Little red fody chicks chirpily enjoying their breakfast…

A butterfly fluttering by my path…πŸ¦‹

The delicate reflection of coconut trees in the blue waters 🌴

The vibrancy of the sky, juxtaposed with the mellow mountains dwelling in the distance ⛰️


All the way back then


Magical moments on my mat, few and far between. But the mystic morcels nourish my soul for days.

And my body breathes.

Yes.

Happiness is found in the most unlikely of scenarios.

When the mind wanders through all corners, the body dispenses gold, the spirit dances in the wind

At every smile.

And all the babbles.

For each moment we share.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Belly Ventures ✨

Dear Reader,  Two years ago I wouldn’t have expected to be living in Mauritius last year, my image being used on socials to promote belly da...