Sunday, March 24, 2024

A little Slice of Heaven ๐ŸŒž

What an interesting few days ๐Ÿชท

As I walked around Gili Air on my last days, I reminisced over the sacred weeks we shared ๐Ÿ’œ


My first taste of the wonderful underwater world of weird peacock shrimps, colours, coral and sharks ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿฉท๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿก๐Ÿ’› In fact I thought I'd have racked up more than 559 minutes diving but my Rescue Course will just have to wait... 

Locals shouting out "Hey Steph" as I walk by, giving me the "cool" handshake which I never quite get right... 

The sand beneath my bare feet, the sound of the waves gently touching the shore, the faint noises of the horses passing by ๐ŸŽ

Naughty breakfast option

I will not miss the proximity of my Home Stay to the local Mosque, however, I do somewhat miss the iconic sounds that float through the island... 

The people I met ๐Ÿ’– some of whose paths will cross with mine again some day... And those who will not ๐Ÿ’” 

Sober St Paddy's ๐Ÿ€

All I know is that on Gili Air, I began a highly anticipated journey towards becoming a goddess. I say it with a little g, so as not to disrespect any of my Dear Readers and to not liken myself to a deity in any sense... 

Rather what it means is that in a glittery corner in paradise, I drifted throughout all the corners of my mind, where my skin shined as bright as the stars and I created a dance that I will continue for the rest of my life ✨ cryptic but I'll let you guess...

A little line to remember Lombok (I feel like the night in Gili T is not worth much space, other than the epic breakfast at Hello Capitano) but Lombok. Sweet Lombok with your surprising vibes and Kind Strangers...

The unforgettable moments in Bukit Merece

In Gili Air, I uncovered the shadows of a Stranger, felt the warmth of inner peace and connected with the universe. So if you ever think about going there... Stop thinking and book the tickets. 

Shout out to The Elf for showing me how to build a Temple ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฆ‹

Shout out to Kati for showing me how to be vulnerable ๐Ÿ’š

Shout out to Dila for showing me I will always have good people around me if I choose it. And for giving me cool braids ๐Ÿชท



Contact me directly for accommodation tips... ๐Ÿ˜…

Here are my recommendations for Gili Air:

⭐ Eat a Happy Mango smoothie bowl at Aura Bowls ๐Ÿงก and Papaya juice here is delicious

⭐ Also eat the Strawberry French Toast at Gili Coffee Roasters and sit in their lovely garden ๐Ÿ“

Pandan iced tea is a good pairing


⭐ For dinner, go to ZZZ and have Burbur (insert chicken/tempeh depending on your level of carnivorous energy) and enjoy the gentle guitar music by a man with the most infectious smile in the world ๐ŸŽธ

⭐ Once you have done that for a few days, go to Waring Sunny, and eat anything but just get a HOT Jamu - it will fill you with love ❤️

Last Supper 

⭐ Get your PADI certification with Blue Marlin Dive and ask for Katon ๐Ÿ™Œ

⭐ Get your advanced PADI (just two extra days, c'mon)

⭐ Go to one of Kati's classes at Flowers & Fire Yoga because she is the epitome of positive female energy (also still go if you're a dude, yoga is for all)

⭐ Talk to the locals. Smile at them. Greet them. Sing with them and bathe in the beautiful vibes they resonate

⭐ Workout at Holiday Fit and remember to take a cool towel from their fridge- you'll need it


⭐ Pamper yourself at Frangipani Spa on rest day


⭐ Follow the White Rabbit ๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’œ✨ 


Thank for making it through Dear Reader... More to come soon as I update on Ubuddy-budding...

And thank you to Gili Air for the magic ๐Ÿช„✨๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿฆ‹




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow Wanderer: New Zealand South Island Readings

Fellow Wanderer and Dear Reader, I bring you a hybrid entry.  I'm not bluffing.  I would like to share some recommendations for navigati...