Thursday, September 26, 2024

Tu es merveilleuse...

Dear Reader,

How are you today? ๐ŸŒž 

...Do you feel the light of the sun in your soul?  

I invite you to take a moment to reflect on what it is you really feel, right now.

*

I am surrounded by lush flora and fauna here. When I'm on the treadmill, the same little red bird cheers me on each time. Heck, I made human acquaintances the last couple of weeks, by joining yoga classes and even a local Braai ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ


Thanks to Fred, Jackie and Zander ๐Ÿ’›

But I didn't spend so much time near water as I feel I should recently... And the weather this week has made the beach less appealing. That and the mild sexism I encounter when I walk down the street without the protection of my friend... ๐Ÿ’‹

Maybe it's not that. Perhaps it is the ripples of time interweaving, as my subconscious mind takes me back to things I was sure I had forgotten. Things I wish had stayed locked away. 

There's that cycle again... 

The firm breeze here reflects my anger. The rainfall at night releases my anguish. And the smiles on the faces of the people I meet, the warmth that I choose to accept, shows me that in spite of the nightmares, the revelations are beautiful. 

A whole life ago 

Wherever our past lies, our present moment is all that matters. Life is so short. So precious ✨ 

We can actively focus on the now. But sometimes, our subconscious and even our body, has other plans. 

And in those moments, I urge you to sit with it. Close your eyes and allow your mind to guide you where it wants to go. Watch the images unfold and feel whatever comes up ๐Ÿชท 

And when you're done, arrive back, to the now.

Whatever decisions were made, were not the wrong ones at all, but in fact what you needed to find where you are today. 

Balance...

*

If you're powering it out in the gym all week, then you find yourself eating a brownie the size of your face for breakfast, that's okay. 

As is being unable to open your eyes fully in photos when you visit the island's rum distillery. 

*


And guess what? When you go to your fromagerie and are inundated with tasters and end up spending 10x what you were supposed to, because the staff are just so nice and they brought their adorable baby to work that day... That's okay too. 

^^ me speaking to myself... I think you, Dear Reader, may have some kind words to say to yourself as well? 

๐Ÿฉต

I believe there is a lot of love for me in Mauritius. And all around the world, where my favourite people reside. But I am closed these past few days, focusing my attention elsewhere. 

...Like the delicate frangipanis which lie on the path, endlessly drifting towards the perfect moment...

I must open again and allow myself to receive the love which is offered. I deserve it.


Thank you for reminders, Shael ๐ŸŒท and Stรฉphane ๐ŸŒน

And you, Dear Reader...

Did you know that you are amazing?... 


*

*Photos de Stรฉphane ๐ŸŒป

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Paint a Rose ๐ŸŒน

Dear Reader,  ๐Ÿงก ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’š  Single greatest candid photo of my life In spite of the vibrant colours in this image, I touched the realm of shadow...