Saturday, October 12, 2024

To Paint a Rose 🌹

Dear Reader, 


🧑 πŸ’› πŸ’š 
Single greatest candid photo of my life


In spite of the vibrant colours in this image, I touched the realm of shadows again lately πŸ–€ 

It was a normal evening. I finished work, but this time instead of putting on mindless dribble from Netflix, or calling a friend, reading about the world's sorrows, or watching cats be weird on YouTube, I listened. 

To the tension. 


...As the colours began to change shape...


I was searching for the why... Then I realised what was wrong.

No, I'm not in Mauritian custody, t'inquiΓ¨tes pas. 


I've been so busy listening to my body, exercising, nurturing, that I forgot to listen to my mind. 


...The thorns interweaving as I forget the steps...


The mind's prison, Dear Reader, is the one in which we find ourselves trapped.

With all the yoga practice, teaching, the mindfulness sessions that I lead every Friday in work 🧘‍♀️

Still I forget how easy it is to slip and fall.


...The fairy grows tired as she fights to be free... 


So I rolled out my mat. 

I lit my incense πŸ•―️ 

I switched on my noise cancelling headphones and started my binaural beats. 

And I sat. Humbled. Like a kid who has just been disciplined as I realised the neglect to my mind.

And this time, I used the correct eye for my quest πŸ‘️ 

 

The cleansing fire as my guide



***

The refreshing warmth of my favourite ocean between my toes. My back sinking into the soft sand, the gentle breeze keeping me cool as the sun sprinkles its love on my skin 🌞 




Connected through time and space to my Little Slice of Heaven ✨






For the first time since that magical island, I am staying somewhere long enough to extend a visa... 


But check this out, Dear Reader... I am even choosing to spend my next week off in Mauritius 🦀 

I know right?!

Okay, technically I am still flying somewhere, as I will visit the remote island of Rodrigues...


But for now, the gentle nudge from the universe is dormant, only stirring something foreseen in December πŸŒ› 


Whilst I am not certain where I will be in 3 months, metaphorically and physically, I feel ready for anything πŸͺ· 



***


And you, my Dearest of Readers... Where will you be? 

Are you sure you're still touching the soft petals around you, or do they feel sharp? And if so, what are you going to do about it? 


...For when the shadows engulf the meadow, her wings begin to tear...


***


🎨 Like I lead in my meditation yesterday, I invite you to paint your name in your mind...


Notice how the images form on the canvas before you...

The dark tones, the light, the paleness and vibrancy, the textures, and all the things which spill across your mind...

How do the colours feel? 🌈 












Leaving the canvas blank for you ^^


...And as the brush delicately strokes the darkness, so does the fairy rest among the roses🌹...






No comments:

Post a Comment

To Paint a Rose 🌹

Dear Reader,  🧑 πŸ’› πŸ’š  Single greatest candid photo of my life In spite of the vibrant colours in this image, I touched the realm of shadow...