Friday, August 30, 2024

La Magie de la Réunion

Dear Reader, bonjour, 


I write to you from my warm spot outside my little Airbnb in Saint Pierre, à l'Ile de la Réunion 🌴 

Yes. 

A year ago I decided to go to South Africa instead of Réunion. I have reflected on this and all the parallels over the past days. Speaking with the same friend, this time in another part of Paris. 

Fabulous Lady 🌹


Reunited with old artists, creating something new. This time understanding the significance of our encounters is an essence of cosmic lore 💜

I am building a garden... 🦋🦋🦋


Once again, Paris gave me a familiar hug goodbye as I embarked on my new adventure...

...Arriving to this island, laden with palms, exotic flowers and even my old favourites... 


Being reunited with a lovely soul, part of a trio that once went on a trip in search of whales in South Africa 🐳 🇸🇸

💛 


This island is a wonderful place, rivalling Sri Lanka for its diverse landscape. Each day, I have done something completely different. I started with incredible botanical gardens, then I took a road with 400 bends to Cilaos, where I went hiking in the mountains, then I went to the coast and basked in the glory of the vast waves as I marched along the dense sand dunes...

🩵


The next day I climbed into a volcano 🌋 making all the mistakes a traveler could make, resulting in me having to run back to my car (and up 15 minutes of vertical steps). Yes, even experienced travelers like me f**k up. 

Before the sprint

But the stars above me decided to be kind and alas, Fjorda (my hire car) survived my temporal idiocy. I'll let you guess...

After my volcano shenanigans, I wanted to cool down - In fact it was cold and wet on top of the volcano but it's more poetic when I say it like this - so I decided to chase some waterfalls ✨ 


Grand Galet was sublime, and my hike to Cap Blanc was beautiful. I even had a quick nap on top of one of the rocks. 

This week has been exactly what I needed, reconnection with nature and that which makes me whole. And it's not even over yet. 

I hope to see some whales this afternoon, and brave the bendy roads once again tomorrow, before I enter a new stage of my life 🐳 

As I sit back and allow myself to be still, I bask in the comforting sounds around me: birds chirping, palm leaves dancing in the breeze, the insects singing and magic unfolding 🪄

Face before coffee


The warmth of the sun hugging me tight, I feel welcome in this world 🌍 

I will take up space. 

I will listen. 

I will love. 

I will live. 

So should you, Dear Reader. Find a place to sit still today, and just be 🫶

...🦋 Reunite with that which feels good...🦋

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Paint a Rose 🌹

Dear Reader,  🧡 💛 💚  Single greatest candid photo of my life In spite of the vibrant colours in this image, I touched the realm of shadow...