Friday, September 6, 2024

Seeds of the Pomegranate

Dear Reader,


I come to you from the white sand...

Not the soft beiges of my Little Slice of Heaven, but a firm and crisp glaze of ivory, that lines Ile de Maurice 🩡

The gentle taps of my favourite ocean along the shore takes me back some weeks to Crete, and my peaceful moments with Meditation sea. 

The playful breeze helps to cushion the hum of nearby traffic. 

Only the occasional tropical bird can be heard adding to the blissful serenity of the waves 🌊 

Much like the calm I felt last week during my week of rΓ©unionnais magic πŸͺ„

My lava bed 

My last few days on Reunion were as magical as the first. Beautiful forests, waterfalls, ocean and whales 🐳 

A new age. 

A reconnection to nature and the things which matter most.

Customary basic b**ch pose


I was sad to say goodbye, but was comforted in knowing that I will return one day, to a place where I can be at ease. 

And where courgettes could kill a man with one blow 


Mauritius. 

Mauritians 😏

So entranced by me when they learn that I speak French or when they learn that I speak English. 

So different to what I expected. 

This is not an English country. It is a Creole island with a massive preference for French πŸ₯– 

Yes.

I am well suited here... 

I followed a loving scent...

I joined a gym, I made friends, I learned new yoga poses. 

And I haven't even explored the island yet. So much to come. Perhaps I will stay longer here... 


Reflecting. 

It's Autumn in the Northern hemisphere (for those who celebrate 4 seasons), but down here, it's Spring 🌱 

...Well, technically it's still Winter, but as I basque in the 26 degree morning sunshine, I will allow myself some poetic licence... 

It is also Spring again in my life 🌺 


And you, Dear Reader, in which season do you find yourself? 

Are you planting the seeds for something to grow? πŸͺ΄ 

Are you healing and holding yourself in the wake of pain? πŸ’— 

Perhaps you are in full bloom, taking each day in your stride ☀️

Me, I'm watching the "fair maids stand in the snow"...

🀍

...Saying goodbye to Hades for another while until the wheel turns once again. 

Thanks for the seeds...

Losing balance forces us to reconnect 
πŸ’˜ 

Wherever you find yourself, close your eyes, enjoy your connection with the earth today. Feel the gift of life in your lungs, running through your veins, and in your spine, holding you strong ✨







No comments:

Post a Comment

To Paint a Rose 🌹

Dear Reader,  🧑 πŸ’› πŸ’š  Single greatest candid photo of my life In spite of the vibrant colours in this image, I touched the realm of shadow...