Monday, March 11, 2024

The Rain

Dear Reader, 

I write this as I shelter from the rain, yet again, this time nursing a glorious Aura bowl. 




It is monsoon season here but I have to say that I still get surprised by the enormity of the powerful droplets...

I once wrote a poem about the rain. It was an alternate look at the dark clouds and an invitation to appreciate it. Love a good metaphor. 

But I have to say that this is a running theme for my time in Indonesia these past few weeks. 

The rain has brought me immense kindness from strangers, allowed me to cleanse and tap into emotions that I didn't even realise I had. 

I would say it's almost impossible to be in this part of the world without contemplating life just a little bit. To think about purpose, meaning and spirituality. This is why there is so much yoga here, so many expats and so many vibes 🪷




You can believe in luck and convenient coincidences, random connections and be loving and grateful for every one of them 🩵

I however, am currently on a different path. It feels to me that everything and everyone I have encountered recently has been very much a special gift from the powers that be. 

That's not to say that every connection is fully positive nor that the people I meet always fulfil my initial expectations, but there is a strong sense of things falling right into place for me to step slowly and carefully along my path 👣

Maybe none of this resonates with you, but I encourage you to try something.

Sometime, when it feels right, maybe even when it's raining... 

... find a place in the world, whether it's a comfy corner of your living room, under the shade of a big tree, or in Gili Air, where magic happens 🪄

Take this time to think about the rain in your life. How does it make you feel? How do you choose to feel about it? How will you make the rain fall around you?  

✨...When next you hear of forthcoming rainfall,
Smile at the sprinkles like never before...✨


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow Wanderer: New Zealand South Island Readings

Fellow Wanderer and Dear Reader, I bring you a hybrid entry.  I'm not bluffing.  I would like to share some recommendations for navigati...