Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Specks of Dust

Dear Reader, how I have missed you... 


A place for special geese ๐Ÿชฟ 


Forgive me for the silence, it was spent in reflection of a most intriguing period of my life ✨

Returning to Europe was indeed a challenge for my heart, which I know now in part remains in Asia... 

The warm greeting from those I love is a treasure many seek and do not receive... So I am grateful ๐Ÿค—

Yes, I also have human friends.


As the dust settles, I am reminded in the most unexpected of ways that it doesn't matter where I am... This concept that I am so very different in some places... 

I need only glance at my hands to remember a time where the sun radiated from every pore and speck of dust, controlled each sound and all that surrounded me ๐Ÿ’œ

That a missed bus can lead to a beautiful new acquaintance ๐Ÿงก

And the connections who call to me from past and present, guide my way to meaning within the shadows ๐ŸŒš

My family, from an Uncle, dearly missed and treasured on the other side of the world, to my beautiful parents, and their unconditional love and kindness... Guiding me. 

All the way to you, Dear Reader.

It's blurry, but I love it.

Connections. 

As I walk along the warm, dusty streets of Chania, I admire the exquisite views of both the pier and the sea. I wonder to myself if my parents also looked upon such spectacular beauty when they met here, all those years ago. 



Sweet souls in shops who don't try to sell me anything, but just ask me about my travels. 

Soothing voices of the locals, carried in the breeze and filling the narrow streets, full of evil eyes, opals and wonder... 

The timid, gentle knock of the waves upon the shore line... The warm street lamps softly stroking the blues of the water. 



Indeed, my unexpected trip to Bulgaria was also a treat. With the most special connection of them all. And an incredible concert from Corey Taylor (yes folks, I like Slipknot)... The people there are so happy, and it's infectious ๐Ÿ˜‡


Positive energy from these people, the protective blanket of natural wonders around me, allow me to embrace the coolness of the shade.

I am reminded that the path leads forward, no matter which way I look.

As does yours.

So come with me, Dear Reader, and let's find our gold within the dust ๐ŸŒŸ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow Wanderer: New Zealand South Island Readings

Fellow Wanderer and Dear Reader, I bring you a hybrid entry.  I'm not bluffing.  I would like to share some recommendations for navigati...