Monday, February 19, 2024

Under the Stars ✨

 

Hello Dear Reader, 


I write to you from an unexpected place...

Though it may not be entirely unexpected to you

I decided to stay in my little slice of heaven ✨



My concerns of talking to no-one were not so... In fact I met some very lovely people in my last week here. 


Two German girls, Anna and Leah 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♂️, who were on my first ever dive. The sweetest pair. We shared many laughs in our brief time together and even managed to squeeze in some natural goodness. 




I have to say, I can't imagine ever feeling so relaxed around two virtual strangers, enough to fly through the colourful vibrating stars and bananas dancing like Michael Jackson 🍌🍌🍌


As for diving, well I am now qualified to plunge myself underwater to 18 metres depth... with a buddy 💙 my first dives will remain one some of the best memories of my life... a whole new world to explore 🐠🐡🦈🐟 

Thank you to Blue Marlin Dive and all the cool divers I met there... Shout out to the colourful Fraser for the awesome picture below 🩷 with whom I bonded over my new favourite thing, the peacock mantis shrimp:


This little guy sees in 12 colour spectrums (we see in 3), has a punch so hard it can crack a crab shell, and his eyes just do a whole 180 by themselves 👀💪

Just to chill with this dude for a few breaths under water means there's about a 90% that I'll be writing about my Advanced experience this time next week...


Having been serenaded from musicians at my place, grabbing drinks with random locals I met in a shop, bonding with amazing women and kindred spirits in tattoo parlours...

I decided to listen to my ♥️ and do what felt right... 

So 6 cones, 5 dives, 1 hour of bamboo prods and a few beautiful conversations later... 

I am sitting in my cheap as cheese accommodation, listening to the heaviest rain I have ever heard, with the strongest feeling of peace I have felt since arriving in Pokhara, Nepal, 2022... 


Sending my gratitude to the ocean this week... maybe I've inspired you to go for a swim... 🌊





No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow Wanderer: New Zealand South Island Readings

Fellow Wanderer and Dear Reader, I bring you a hybrid entry.  I'm not bluffing.  I would like to share some recommendations for navigati...