Monday, March 4, 2024

Die Hard

 

Dear Reader, 


This entry is written after 2 weeks of extravagant events. 


First, I should mention that a very sweet girl named Nikol reminded me just how special a shared smile can be.


Now, I left you in anticipation... did I dive again? 


The advanced course was great... plunging down 30 metres is really special... seeing the weird and wonderful things that exist so far away from where we are on the surface 🐡


I really felt that this was becoming a hobby for me. And on my second day, when I was electing my last dive, I thought that a night time experience sounded really cool... an opportunity to see the same reef but in a completely different way! ♥️


Well, Dear Reader. It did not disappoint. At one point, my instructor, Katon, turned off his torch and all around me was darkness... all I could do was exist in the vast expanse of colourful marine life within the black silk carpet of the ocean. 


The creatures that far down are really something extra. 


A very small number of people know what transpired shortly after, back at the surface. I am happy to say that everyone was fine. 


I spent that night at the dive centre, with the warmth of the Blue Marlin team accepting me into their family, but sleep wouldn't come, mainly due to a feeling close to loneliness, seeping into my bones for the first time since arriving on Air. 


The next day, I was reminded of balance and that nothing in this world is without meaning ✨


A familiar soul which first crossed mine under the rain in Ubud. One that allowed me to experience my first ever ecstatic dance... or rather "Shadow Dance", which basically involved me and 50 strangers contorting our bodies and gyrating to intense trance rhythms in a yoga shala.


Following this reunion, a sense of belonging, meaning and gratitude proceeded to fill my heart that night. 



The waves which were so ready to take me only a short time before, in fact cleansed me of the darkness which has haunted me for so long. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fellow Wanderer: New Zealand South Island Readings

Fellow Wanderer and Dear Reader, I bring you a hybrid entry.  I'm not bluffing.  I would like to share some recommendations for navigati...